Saturday, December 15, 2012

The Dreamill!

I have never been much of a Treadmill Fan, I like getting outside and being part of my surroundings.  But schedules don't always allow it. 

As I look at what I want to accomplish in 2013 and winter looming in Michigan I had to become a realist.  Jeff works long hours this time of year, plus it being dark before I leave for work and when I get home.  A Treadmill would be my only option.  We checked into purchasing one, but of course I don't want to settle for just a Treadmill, I need all the cool features.  I want to be able to "run" through Central Park, London or the streets of Chicago. 

So I needed to go to plan B, re-join a gym.  I chose the YMCA as Wes had a great experience there this summer with Day Camp and it is right across the street from work.  I could make it work!  Wes is finally "double digits" and able to use the cardio equipment with me.

Last weekend he and I went and joined and had his orientation.  It warmed my heart to be able to run along next to him, I have a run partner! 

This week I was able to head over at lunch and get a half hour run in and still was able to get back in time to eat my lunch,  I like it!  This may have to be my training for the winter and hopefully sneak some outside runs in on the weekend...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment